Friday, June 28, 2013

Treat of the Week: A Vegetarian Delight








Last week, Bertie and I celebrated eleven years since he first adopted me.  To mark this special event, my mother made a delightful vegetarian feast.  Bertie is a well-rounded dog and enjoys his veggies as well as meat.  He especially likes black-eyed peas, but that's neither here nor there.  I'll tell you, the meat was not missed as we enjoyed this fantastic meal of roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, tomatoes and eggplant with grilled portobello mushrooms and mashed potatoes infused with horseradish and herbs.  







The anniversary of Bertie's adoption was further celebrated with a colorful array of cupcakes.  Yellow and chocolate cupcakes were iced with piped peaks of brilliantly-hued buttercream and mocha.   The lot of them rather put me in mind of Brighton Pavilion.  But, unlike George IV's seaside folly, these cupcakes were delicious as well as attractive.





14 comments:

Matt said...

WOw! Those cupcakes are incredible. I would really like the veggie meal too.

Carolyn said...

Yumsy x infinity!

Beth Ann said...

I think I'll do some roasted vegetables this weekend or maybe on the grill. What a great idea!

Angelo said...

I like meat but this looks real gooooood. I wanna cupcake or four.

Gene said...

You know I would love to have a vegetarian meal like this but my family makes me grill hot dogs and sausages. They won't touch vegetables. I think they'd bite my finger off to get one of those cupcakes tho.

April said...

Heaven with a side of angelic cupcakes. Love.

Barb said...

Fantastic meal!

Kathy said...

It takes a careful cook to roast veggies that beautifully and as always the cupcakes are to die for.

Bonnie said...

I love the cupcakes. They look like Dr. Seuss colors.

Sam P said...

I pay six bucks for a cupcakes that look like that, but probably taste nowhere near as good. I would pay ten for just one of those.

Book Gurl said...

Your mother is the best cake decorator I've seen.

Gregg said...

Perfection!

Renee said...

What a healthy meal and it looks so good. Mind you, if I had to choose, I'd eat the cupcakes first, but the roasted vegetables and the mushrooms really look delicious.

Doug said...

DELICIOUS!