Friday, December 28, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week
















Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...



Of flesh and blood sprung am I ever; But blood in me that find ye never. Many great lords bear me proudly, With sharp knives cutting me loudly. Many I've graced right honorably: Rich ones many I've humble made; Many within their grave I've laid



And...the answer is...

A pen, presumably a feather quill.

Angelo was right, it was too long. Matt was close. Darcy, April and Dashwood were humorous and, the rest of you were typically clever. Many thanks. Make sure to come back next Friday for Mr. Punch's first riddle of 2013.

Happy New Year...that's the way to do it!








Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store.  


20 comments:

Matt said...

A scary he-man sword.

Joseph Crisalli said...

On the right track.

April said...

A freshly laundered attack sheep.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Perhaps.

Sam P said...

An arrow

Joseph Crisalli said...

Nope

Dashwood said...

A nice big fuzzy wig.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Made of sheep.

Darcy said...

Bo Peep's sheep hooking crook.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Good answer! Maybe better than the real one.

Anonymous said...

Two hard boiled eggs.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Make that three hardboiled eggs

Gene said...

A ham.

Joseph Crisalli said...

A murderous ham, perhaps.

Carolyn said...

A ham and leg of lamb sandwich.

Joseph Crisalli said...

There's a sandwich I don't want.

Angelo said...

Too long. Happy New year to your coold dog and you.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I will try to have shorter riddles for you next year, Angelo. Bertie and I wish you a good year, too.

Barb said...

Darts?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Nope!