Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cookie of the Day: The Butterscotch Cookies




In past years, I’ve mentioned the “friendly” rivalry in my family regarding these cookies. They are, without a doubt, one of the top contenders for the title of Favorite Christmas Cookie. We will squabble about who gets to eat the last of these gorgeous, cakey, butterscotch cookies. This year, I’m happy to report, I got to eat the FIRST one! Ha! 


So, what could cause our usually mellow little group to launch a war? Only the tenderest, most beautiful of cookies, flecked with nuts and topped with the creamiest, most delicate of butterscotch frostings—adorned with colored sugar. They are truly exceptional. You know I’m ready for this year’s battle. I’ve got all sorts of tricks up the sleeves of my many cardigans. 

And, thusly, I offer a warning to my mother and father:

It’s on! They’re mine.  


14 comments:

April said...

I'd fight you for one.

Sam P said...

Looks really good. My stomach is growling.

Carolyn said...

I'm drooling here!

Gene said...

I love how beautiful they are decorated.

ANgelo said...

Id eat the whole thing of them and there would be non left for you.

Barry said...

All of these biscuits have looked just lovely.

Barb said...

They look so soft and good and comforting!

Mary said...

Scrumptious!

Matt said...

Delicious! I want some!

Beth Ann said...

I adore the colored sugar

Bonnie said...

Yum! Your mom is the best

Wendy said...

Another awesome batch!!

Joseph's Father. said...

To my dear son:

I'm older, wilier and have more places to hide things. The gauntlet is thrown.

Your loving father

Joseph Crisalli said...

Dear Father,

Yes, those attributes of yours are valid. However, I'm younger and In possession of the same wiliness, having learned it from you. And, most importantly, I have inherited my mother's keen, Sicilian mind. Ergo, I shall not just throw the gauntlet, but smack you with it until you give me your cookies. Furthermore, Bo Peep is my godmother. Your cookies will be mine, old, wily one.

Merry Christmas.