Friday, October 5, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week






Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...

\.


In almost every house I'm seen,
     (No wonder then I'm common)
I'm neither man, nor maid, nor child,
     Nor yet a married woman.

I'm pennyless and poor as Job,
     Yet such my pride by nature,
I always wear a kingly robe,
     Though a dependent creature


UPDATE:

And, the answer is...a dog.

Hooray for Barb who got the right answer.  I would have also accepted coat rack or teapot.  Well done, everyone!  Come back next Friday for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles!





Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store.  




12 comments:

April said...

Scott Baio

Joseph Crisalli said...

Joannie loved Chachi, but Chachi loved no one.

Matt said...

Aunts. Not ants, but aunts.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Maybe in your house.

Carolyn said...

Munchkins.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Oh...you would.

Darcy said...

A sheep in king's clothing . ( if Bo Peep finds out it might be lamb chops in frilly panties)

Dashwood said...

Judy,Liza,Lorna and Joey going to sponge off friends while wearing all their clothes at once.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Sorry for the delay, Darcy and Dashwood. As I said, my internet has been wonky. But, it was worth the wait.

Darcy, I think you're brilliant.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Dashwood--I'll spare you the Liza impersonation, but know I'm inspired!

Barb said...

Is it a dog?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Yes, it is! Well done!

I'm going to leave the contest open until the evening just to see if anyone else has anything fun to say.