Friday, June 8, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week









Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...


What is the difference between a hen with one wing and a hen with two wings?


And, the answer is..."A Difference of o-pinion."  Ha!  Chicken anatomy humor!  Isn't is wonderful?  Thanks to all who answered and special mention to Darcy for her superbly clever answer.  Come back next week for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles. 








Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store?

23 comments:

Shawn said...

The hen with one wing can only walk (since they can't fly) in circles...ha! That's funny stuff. We could name him "Loopy." Can you imagine what the meth-addicted sheep think when this chicken wanders by? :)

Joseph Crisalli said...

I imagine the sheep would find it amusing. They can be cruel.

April said...

Awww, I wanna be first. Thank you for remembering the sheep, Shawn. I think said chicken is called Phyllis. That's just her name.

Joseph Crisalli said...

That's a good name for any chicken.

Matt said...

The difference is that the two-winged chicken takes her life for granted. There'd no pun there nor even a joke. That's all I got today. Just grateful chickens.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Grateful chickens are the most delicious.

Shawn said...

I'm sorry, April, I should have waited until you posted...and, you caught me...I don't know why I turned our poor one-winged hen into a "him." So, I whole-heartedly agree with the name Phyllis!

April said...

That's all I wanted, Shawn. Thank you. Colon, parenthesis.

Sam P said...

5 dollars a pound.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Probably true.

Barb said...

Less marinade

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ahhhh...practical, Barb.

Carolyn said...

The one with one wing is egg-ceptional.

Marsha said...

About half a pound.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I imagine that's true.

Kathy said...

She only lays egg whites.

Joseph Crisalli said...

How convenient for meringue.

Gene said...

The One winged chicken is brooding.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Clever, Gene!

Darcy said...

Phylllis, being self-conscious because of her one wingedness became a famous designer of pashminas for chickens. And where did she get the wool to make these garments? From the awesome cashmere goat? No, she used meth-addicted sheep! The difference between one and two winged hens? Pure vanity.

Joseph Crisalli said...

BEST. ANSWER. EVER!

And, so very true. Chickens named Phyllis are vain.

Angelo said...

I don't know, but as long as its got sauce and cheese on it I'll eat it.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Good to know, Angelo. I'm sure Phyllis would be delicious.