Friday, March 23, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week

Mr. Punch's Puzzles


Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  And, this week, the winner will receive a fabulous prize from our online store—your very own “That’s the Way to Do It!” tote-bag!

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...


What is the difference between a light in a cave and a dance in an inn?



UPDATE:  


Well, no one got this one.  Perhaps, as our chum, Matt, suggested this one was a little too hard.  We'll try for the tote bag next week.  Okay?


As for this one, the answer is:


One is a taper in a cavern; the other, a caper in a tavern.


Ha!  Good times.  Come back next Friday for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles.  


And, remember, if you want to remind people “That’s the way to do it,” one of our exclusive designs is just the thing you’re looking for!

14 comments:

Gene said...

One is in the dark and the other is a lark.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Good thinking, Gene. You're on the right track!

April said...

The difference between Friday and Saturday. For me anyway.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Your weekends, April, I suspect are more varied than mine. An insightful, but incorrect, answer.

Carolyn said...

I have no idea so I went and bought my own tote bag. So there. : )

Joseph Crisalli said...

Feel free to continue to punish me with income, Carolyn, thank you very much! I still think you should take a guess at the puzzle. Your answers are always cute.

Sam said...

Three shots of rum.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Is that a request or an answer? No to both.

Jerri said...

A light in a cave will make a dark place bright, but , a dance at inn could lead to a bad reality tv show where people drink too much and throw punches at each other and generally have a brawl.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Especially in New Jersey, Jerri.

Matt said...

You'll like your tote, Carolyn, I got that design on shirts for my kids. This puzzle is toooooo hard for me, Joseph, but I'm loving the answers.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Okay, Matt. Next week's will be easier. If no one gets this one, I'll offer a tote next week, too. I hope your kids like the shirts!

Book Gurl said...

One is a way out and one is way out.

Joseph Crisalli said...

That's a little more 1960s than 1860s, BG, but quite clever. Still not right, but clever.