Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas at Home: Photos of Bertie's Christmas Decorations


Bertie likes Christmas. He enjoys taking his presents out of gift bags. Of course, he’s not too interested in other people’s gifts, but when they’re for him, he knows and he’s very pleased. Bertie also enjoys the Christmas decorations and likes to guard the trees.

Each statue gets his or her own ornament to hold.
Next week, we’ll see some of the Christmas decorations that you’ve sent in. But, let’s conclude this week with a look into my own home. Oh! Wait…I mean, “Bertie’s home.”

Many of these ornaments I’ve had since I was a child. Like my parents, I’ve been collecting these ornaments throughout my life, adding new ones each year, and picking ones that represent special moments, places or interests. From the Father Christmas atop the big tree in the living room to the stocking my mother made for me as a small boy, I’m reminded of many happy Christmases past and many more to come.


























Bertie's Personal Christmas Tree




I decorated this little tree when I was a kid and I've put it out ever since.

10 comments:

Book Gurl said...

Very pretty!

Gene said...

My goodness. How nice looking.

Matt said...

Such style! Looking around that house, you get a real sense of who lives there. So many houses look like every other house and have no personality. Yours looks like the home of a historian and a writer.....and that's what you are. It fits perfectly. How cute is Bertie? You've inspired me to make some cocoa and wrap all these presents now. Ho, ho, ho!

Bertie fan said...

Wow! Everything looks wonderful. Your very lucky to have Bertie to guard it all for you.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Book Gurl!

Joseph Crisalli said...

You're very kind, Gene.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Well, Matt, there's no doubt about who lives here, that's for sure. I suppose if I were a set designer tasked with creating the set for a character like me, this would be the result. But, that's what decorating is--or what it should be. I think those whose homes look like everybody else's are showing the major defining factor of their personalities--the desire to be like everyone else and fit in. That's never been a goal of mine. I hope the present wrapping and cocoa worked out splendidly. I always enjoy your observations!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hello Bertie Fan! He says that it's good someone has reminded me how lucky I am. We both agree! He's a good boy. Thanks for your comment!

Shawn said...

So Beautiful!! You are a Christmas inspiration! Bertie must have a wonderful time in such a gorgeous Christmas wonder-land. The warmest of holiday wishes to you and Bertie!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thank you, Shawn! We'll be looking at your photos on the site next week. Everyone will see the magic of Christmas in your beautiful decorations.