Friday, November 11, 2011

Treat of the Week, Bonus Edition: Cassis Crisps

This week, we have an extra treat with a wonderful mellow flavor and an exotic flare. My mother whipped up this batch of beautiful cookies to add a little excitement to the week. Thin and crispy, these aren't just your average sugar cookies. They are infused with a quarter of a cup of Creme de Cassis--a black-currant-flavored liqueur which gives them a lush, mild, rich flavor. They are adorned with colorful sanding sugar.

We enjoyed them with tea and chocolate pudding surmounted by whipped cream rosettes.


4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Those look heavenly! I love Creme de Cassis!

Fran said...

Oh my God, I would luvvvv some of these right now!!!!!! Very classy!!!!!!

Matt said...

When do I get mine? Seriously I like this idea. Yum.

Gene said...

What a nice surprise. 2 treats this week.