Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Message from Mr. Punch and Bertie



Hullo, hullo. It’s me, Mr. Punch and me chum, the Bertie Dog. Our chum, Joseph, is takin’ a day of rest today, he is. So, it’s up to me and the Bertie Dog to put things on the Web site. So, here we go. I figure we’d start with something nice and shiny like what our chum likes to write about.


The Victoria & Albert Museum

This here is a necklace from the Victoria & Albert Museum what was made in 1880 in someplace called Austria. It’s got an enamel picture of cherubs what are really just fat, flyin’ babies in a gold frame on a chain of gold, turquoise and diamonds. It’s very pretty, it is.


The Victoria & Albert Museum

But, here’s something I like more. This here is a puppet. It’s a bunny rabbit made of wood and dressed in fabric clothes. It was made by the famous Pelham Puppet Company in England around 1950. Bertie Dog likes it, too.


The Victoria & Albert Museum

Here’s more things. This one’s about me! See, there I am at the top of the arch—flyin’ cuz me professor got himself into a fight. This is a printed cover from sheet music printed in the late Nineteenth Century for a song called, “The Punch & Judy Man” as sung by some bloke what’s called George Leybourne. I like it. Bertie Dog, he don’t care too much.


The Victoria & Albert Museum

What else we got? Bertie Dog and me both like this printed label from a 1928 package of Crawford’s Four O’Clock Biscuits. Look at that happy human with tea and lots o’ sandwiches. Coo! That’s fine!


Joseph will be back at his station on Monday. Presently, he’s somewhere in the house, doin’ God knows what. All I know is that he ain’t makin’ us sandwiches and we ain’t too happy ‘bout that.



Clubs and Hisses…



Mr. Punch



Woof, woof…



Bertie Dog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one smart dog (and one skeery puppet) that you have there, jos! Enjoy your day off!