Monday, August 29, 2011

Treat of the Week: A Surprising Blueberry Cake

At first glance, this delightful blueberry cake appears to be a simple Bundt cake infused with blueberries. That would be nice in and of itself. However, this is considerably more special than just your ordinary Bundt cake.

To begin with this cake is so incredibly moist that it has an almost pudding-like texture. The blend of flavors from the creamy cake and the sweet, fresh blueberries can’t be beat. Or can it? My mother has included a surprise layer of crunchy nuts, cinnamon and brown sugar in a ring inside of this delightful masterpiece which offers up new combination of taste and texture.

This really is a great work of art. Do some online searches for a blueberry cake recipe that appeals to you and don’t be afraid to add an element of the unexpected to your own masterpiece. Some surprises really are wonderful.



6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Nummy yummy! Always looks delish! Fab cake!

Anonymous said...

That looks really good

Matt said...

Looks great. I love blueberries....always have. Hey, we made those cookies from last week and the family loved them. Thanks! I think we now have a new family favorite. Once our schedules slow down we'll make them again. I had to stop myself from eating too many. I hope you and your dog are doing well.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Carolyn! It is "delish!"

Joseph Crisalli said...

I appreciate that, Anonymous.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hi Matt, I'm so glad that you made those cookies and that they were a success! I'm also glad that you showed some self restraint in not eating all of them at once. Yes, Bertie is doing much better, and I'm doing well, too. Thank you!