Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ornament of the Day: A Hypnotic Hippo

Our pets are a big part of our families. And, so, it’s only appropriate that they should have some representation on your Christmas trees. My trees hold a variety of ornaments associated with my family’s pets. Bertie, of course, has quite a presence. Amongst the many dog-themed and Westie-inspired ornaments are a collection of ornaments that Bertie has been given. When picking out an ornament “for” a dog, you’ve got to imagine what it is that he’d like.


One recent Christmas, Bertie was presented with this cheerfully colored ornament which seems like something he’d be quite interested in—a hot pink hippo. I think Bertie would rather enjoy a hot pink hippo. If we were to see what goes on in Bertie’s head when he’s sleeping, I’m pretty sure this is what he’d be dreaming of. I grin every time I see it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where can purchase this ornament?

Anonymous said...

Do you remember where you got this ornament?

Joseph Crisalli said...

The ornament was given to me prior to 2010 when I wrote this post. I'm not sure where it was purchased six or seven years ago as it was a gift. I've had several emails about this tonight. I understand that a young girl's beloved hippo was broken, and I'm terribly sorry about that. Since receiving these emails, and the questions here, I've checked, and found the ornament is no longer in production. I have told several of those who emailed me about this today that I'll check with friends who collect Christmas items to see if we can't find a replacement for this young lady, but, I make no promises as it's unlikely. I'll contact those who emailed me directly if I find one, but, again, it's unlikely. I'll see what I can do.