Monday, November 8, 2010

Treat of the Week: A Beautiful Banana Cake

Have you ever eaten banana bread and thought to yourself, “The only thing that could make this experience better is icing?”  Don’t be ashamed to admit it.  I’ve thought that.  Of course, my mother,  the culinary-wizard, has come up with a solution for this enticing problem with this lovely banana cake.  The fluffy cake has the flavor of a luscious banana bread, but with the fluffiness one can only achieve with a cake made from scratch.  The thick, creamy icing has a hint of banana in it.  I’m told that lemon juice keeps the banana from turning brown in the icing.  Clever.    Topped with toasted nuts, this delightful sheet cake holds up well over a few days, and, in fact, is even better the next day.  If, like me and Bertie, you’re a fan of bananas and cake—this is the perfect desert for you.  You see, it’s these little pleasures which make life more beautiful.

4 comments:

Fran said...

You know, it's my favorite part of the week getting to see these pictures of all this gorgeous food! This cake would be just my style, too. Beautiful!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Fran. I wish I could share it with you! We may have to send you a care package for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

That beautiful piece of cake seems to have eyes that are looking at me with a distinct "Come Eat Me" look in them. I would like to answer the call.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I hadn't really noticed the cake's countenance until you pointed it out. It took a good amount of self control to photograph it before I ate it.