Friday, September 3, 2010

Goal for the Day: Sit This One Out

With Labor Day coming this Monday in the United States, we’ll be given the opportunity to have a three-day weekend. Very often, these extended weekends seem to add an extra day to our list of chores. However, as much as I’m a fan of ticking things off of the to-do list, the closer I get to forty, the more I recognize the need to rest and recharge.

Take some time for yourself over the next four days. Unwind with a good book, watch a great film, spend time with your loved ones. You don’t always have to rush around. Pause for an hour to let your mind and your body recuperate from the onslaught of activity we face each day. Most importantly, be good to yourself. You’re the only “you” you’ve got.

2 comments:

Dashwood said...

Excellent advice. However, I cannot pass up the chance to point out that in Punch's Cousin, Julian is not the only "you" he's got.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Funny you say that, Dashwood, because I almost mentioned that when I wrote this. Thanks for posting!