Monday, July 26, 2010

Treat of the Week: Peach Upside Down Cake

Once again, Bertie and I were treated to a marvelous dessert thanks to my mother’s outstanding baking. This Peach Upside Down Cake is utter perfection. Fluffy, delicate cake, melts in your mouth beneath the flavor or rich, fresh peaches gorgeously caramelized during baking. Served with fresh, stiffly whipped cream, this cake is pure heaven. We have been enjoying a lot of baked goods made with fresh fruit these past few weeks. From delicious cakes and tarts to beautiful blueberry muffins, my mother has been incorporating the fruits of the season into her art. This is, perhaps, the only thing that I enjoy about summer. Suffering through 104 degree afternoons is worth it when the reward is a cake like this one. I just had a piece, too. It’s even better the next day…

5 comments:

Kathy L said...

This would be perfect for my daughter. She has always wanted to try an Upside Down Cake, but is allergic to pineapples. I honestly never thought to try to make one with anything else besides pineapples. Does your mother share her recipes?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Kathy. I'll bet your daughter would like this. It's very tasty. As for my mother sharing her recipes, I can always ask...

: )

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hi Kathy, in talking with my mother, she says she adapted a pineapple upside cake recipe by replacing the pineapple with fresh peaches.

If you send your email address to belleepoque@tx.rr.com, we can send you a recipe or recommend a good one.

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmy. I want it.

Jason said...

Wow...your mother makes the most gorgeous and delectable-looking desserts!